Not So Great Perks To Owning Your Own Home or Property
So you’d think that owning your own house or property would be a nice thing to have and without any problems or worries. Well, unlike renting, if anything goes wrong, you can’t just call the landlord. You’ll have to deal with all the bad stuff that comes with owning your own home or property.
Here you’ll see 35 such things that you really wouldn’t want to deal with ever.
1. When a tree falls through your roof, does anybody hear?
2. Taking the paint cans to the basement and trying to carry too much at once.
3. When your ceiling just gives up all at once.
4. When you realize the free mini-fridge is in fact a mini freezer.
5. When you forget to put a drop sheet on the floor before painting the doors.
6. “Governor Just Ordered All “Non-Life-Sustaining” Businesses To Close, Including Construction And Contractors. This Is The Current State Of My Only Bathroom…”
7. This was on Facebook from somebody looking for a contractor. I don’t think the spray foam is going to help any.
8. I think they’re going to need a bigger bucket.
9. The job must have gone to the lowest bidder.
10. When 110+ KPH Winds toss a lawn chair at the side of your house.
11. Being proud of losing all that weight, but then the toilet seat disagrees.
12. Being awaken at 3am by your 1 piece sink/counter exploding.
13. Slipping in the shower and landing on the toilet.
14. Having the cabinet give away the day you just finished installing a new glass-top stove.
15. When your concrete frames give away during that expensive home upgrade.
16. Going to the fridge for a drink in the middle of the night and forgetting about your super strength and ripping the whole door off.
17. Forgetting about the soda you wanted to cool fast in the freezer yesterday.
18. Wind blows the BBQ into the pool.
19. Smoke detector catches fire.
20. Sometimes plumbing isn’t for everybody.
21. I’d just move out and buy a new house.
22. When lockdown renovations look so easy on Instagram.
23. When going to the basement to do laundry.
24. Kitchen cabinets decide to implode themselves at 4am.
25. It gets so hot outside that your outdoor lights melt.
26. Hanging the plant above the toilet.
27. The little nail that could, but two hammers couldn’t.
28. Not paying attention when going into the attic.
29. Rude awakening.
30. Not all doors are the same size. Remember that when you’re getting a door at the hardware store.
31. Forgetting to turn off the main water at the cabin for the winter.
32. DIY Fail.
33. Spray weed killer instead of weed n’ feed.
34. What happens when doing a renovation and remove the load-bearing wall.
35. Forgetting to close the window to the home office during a blizzard.