While some landlords are OK and keep their buildings in good shape, the worst landlords are terrible at what they do and are perfectly happy to squeeze rent money from their tenants while doing little to nothing to ensure that the apartment is livable.
Unlivable conditions that have to be seen to be believed. From half-assed repairs to deplorable health standards, if you don’t believe things can get nightmarish when landlord-tenant relationships go wrong, well, I have just two words for you: “ceiling mushrooms.”
Here we have some of the worst landlords that tenants have had to suffer through.
1. “This is how the landlord fixed our leaky ceiling.”
2. “So my friend’s landlord thinks this is really no big deal at all.”
3. “My landlord said there was a pool, but he failed to mention that it is closed….FOREVER.”
4. “That awkward moment when your ‘thermostat’ is actually just hanging on a nail and doesn’t control the temperature whatsoever.”
5. “The Landlord didn’t believe me when I tried to tell them that we had a slug infestation. They said that they’ve never heard of such a problem.”
6. “My landlord SUCKS.”
Yes, yes indeed!
I’m guessing the fist-hole in the wall in the second picture was after the tenant saw the bandaid fix.
7. “My landlord pretended to do work [on] the flat but ended up installing this 360° wifi surveillance camera which also records audio without telling me about it.”
9. “I’ve been arguing with my landlord about the water seeping into my apartment for 2 months now. Found this little guy today.”
He’s such a Fungi.
10. “Landlord promised to install a cat flap in our back door after some security issues. Came home to this.”
Now the cat is wondering where his Cheese and Bacon Pizza went to.
11. “A leak that my landlord refuses to fix. Is this mold? Is it dangerous?”
Yes! And YES!
14. “This Landlord charges residents to use the elevator.”
Wow! Just no words for that type of greed.
15. “My Landlord decided to turn down the heat today in my MN apartment as it reached -40°. But the idiot must have forgotten he pays my electric and doesn’t realize that I value my comfort over safety or energy conservation.”
16. “Landlord responded right away when I sent him the second pic.”
Imagine if the tenant was sitting on the toilet when that happened? At least they would have been sitting in the right place, lol!
17. “My ceiling caved in and the landlord said that they won’t fix it until it rains again and they can find the leak…”
18. “Landlord ignored me for two months about my sparking outlet, got worried about a fire and did it myself and I find this.”
19. “Stepped on a metal grate in the yard and it fell down under me. Landlord fixed it.”
Well, at least he has your safety in mind right?
20. “Told my landlord that there was a drip coming from my ceiling about two weeks ago. They did nothing about it and I woke up to this, this morning.”