10 Of The Best Blogging Tips While Juggling A Full-Time Job
If you’ve noticed, Mac’s Opinion skipped a few days of posting last week. That’s because Mac Himself and the rest of the team here have gotten really busy with their full-time job or are taking a break to enjoy the summer weather. So we needed to come up with a way to continue posting content while juggling other adulting responsibilities.
Blogging is a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world, and it can also be a great way to make money. But if you’re also working a full-time job, it can be tough to find the time to blog. In this post, we’ll review some blogging tips when working a full-time job.
Here are 10 tips to help you blog while juggling a full-time job:
- Set realistic goals. Don’t try to publish a new blog post every day if you know you don’t have the time. Aim for one or two posts per week, and be realistic about how much time you can commit to blogging each day.
- Find a time that works for you. Some people like to blog in the morning before work, while others prefer to blog in the evening after work. Find a time that works for your schedule and stick to it as much as possible.
- Batch your tasks. Instead of working on your blog in fits and starts, try to batch your tasks together. For example, you could spend one-day brainstorming content ideas, one-day writing blog posts, and one-day editing and publishing them.
- Automate as much as possible. There are a number of tools that can help you automate your blogging tasks, such as scheduling social media posts, setting up email newsletters, and managing comments. Use these tools to free up your time so you can focus on creating great content.
- Delegate tasks. If you have a team, delegate some of your blogging tasks to them. This could include things like writing blog posts, editing photos, or managing social media.
- Take breaks. It’s important to take breaks when you’re blogging, especially if you’re working a full-time job. Get up and move around, step outside for some fresh air, or take a few minutes to relax and clear your head.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you’re struggling to find the time to blog, don’t be afraid to ask for help from friends, family, or colleagues. They may be able to help you with things like brainstorming content ideas, editing blog posts, or managing social media.
- Don’t give up. Blogging takes time and effort, but it’s worth it if you’re passionate about it. Don’t give up if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep at it, and you’ll eventually start to see your blog grow.
- Have fun! Blogging should be enjoyable, so don’t forget to have fun with it. If you’re not enjoying yourself, it’s going to be hard to keep up with it.
- Never stop learning. The blogging landscape is constantly changing, so it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends. Read other blogs, attend blogging conferences, and take online courses to learn new skills.
Following these blogging tips will help you blog while juggling a full-time job. Just remember to be realistic, find a time that works for you, and don’t give up. With a little effort, you can achieve your blogging goals.
Here are some additional blogging tips that may help you:
- Use a content calendar to plan your blog posts in advance.
- Find a blogging community where you can connect with other bloggers and get support.
- Use social media to promote your blog posts and connect with your audience.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different blogging formats and content types.
- Track your progress and analytics to see what’s working and what’s not.
Blogging while working a full-time job can be challenging, but it’s definitely possible. Just follow these tips and don’t give up on your dreams.
It is OK to skip a day also. Never give in to the need to post every single day as it will only stress you out and suck all of the joy out of blogging for you.